How can we change the admin password of my AX5400 6-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Netgear Router?
While purchase and bring home a new router, then it is configured by the default factory settings. Use a reliable web address, like www.routerlogin.com to access the web interface of the router. Whereas the default user name is ADMIN and the default password is PASSWORD. To improve the security level of our home Wi-Fi we need to change something different from that of default one. Here we are giving some of the basic information about the process to log in the router.
- Either downloads a web browser then opens it or you can use the existing one in your mobile or any other smart device.
- Input routerlogin.net on the search bar or you can enter the default IP address copying it from the label of the router.
- As you will click the enter tab, a login window will be displayed to you.
- Input your default username (admin) and the default password (password), and the basic home page will be rolled out in front of you.
- Now the user should go to the ‘Advanced’ panel, then click to ‘Administration’, then scroll your mouse on Set ‘Password’ tab.
- At the next step, you have to type the older password, and then type the new password two times in order to confirm the password correctly.
- You have one more option if you wish to get back the previous settings then tick the Enable Password Recovery.
- After doing the entire activity click to APPLY tab to apply the settings otherwise there will be no use of doing the entire above configuration.
Change the SSID or the password of your Netgear router login
- Launch an internet browser and at the search bar type www.routerlogin.net to get the page where you can enter your login credential.
- After having the web page put the password and the user ID to login into the interface of the router.
- The moment you would click OK the basic home page will be displayed to you.
- Select the wireless settings from the menu bar and at the SSID locus enter the new name for your network.
- Now enter your new password at the ‘Password Network’ field.
- When you will hit the APPLY button, your changes will be saved.
Enable the admin password reset feature on your Netgear Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
Steps to enable the option of password reset...
- Open your Internet Explorer or Chrome in your smartphone or PC, or Laptop.
- At the searches bar type www.routerlogin.net to enter into the login window.
- At this window enter your login details, like the username and the password.
- These details can be default or it can be the reset one. Bothe the details should be entered in lower case as these are case-sensitive.
- The basic home page of your Network will be displayed to you. At this home page tick the icon of Menu and select ‘Advanced’, then ‘Administration’, then ‘Set-Password’.
- The screen containing the option for set password will be displayed to you.
- Here you need to select the option “Enable Password Reset” checkbox.
- Carefully select two security questions and provide answers to them. Remember these two answers or note down it safely for future recovery purpose.
- Click the apply button and your changes have been saved completely.
The password recovery process for your NETGEAR AC and AX Routers
- The user name is Admin
- Password is Password
How do I troubleshoot www.routerlogin.net and Netgear router login errors?
- Wireless networking setup issues,
- Wireless router manual setup errors,
- Your system will be full of cache,
- You might be entering the wrong IP address, and so on.
Make sure that you are using the proper web address, password, IP address and the user name. You are advised to use some reliable web address such as www.routerlogin.net or you can use routerlogin.net. Use the correct password that is PASSWORD and the user name is ADMIN. After entering all these details at the authentication page, click to log in. In case if you have changed the default password and the user ID, then it will no longer be in use.
How to find the IP address without using the command prompt
- Click to the ‘start icon’ and select the option ‘Settings’.
- Then hit the ‘Network’ and the ‘internet’ icon.
- In a wired connection, select Ethernet from the menu bar and click on your network connection there you will find the IP address for your router next to ‘IPv4Address’.
- To view the IP address for the wireless connection, select Wi-Fi from the left side menu pane and click at ‘Advanced’, your IP address will be there besides ‘IPv4 Address’.
Find your IP address for window 8 or window 8.1 without the command prompt
- At the system pane, hit the network connection icon and opt for “Open Network and Sharing Center”
- If you are having a wired connection then you can find your IP address by double-clicking on Local Area Connection and click Details just beside the “IPv4 Address”.
- If you are having a wireless connection, again click twice at Wireless Network Connection and then click on to Details.
- You can see your IP address next to click Wireless Network Connection (Network Name) and click Details your IP address will appear next to “IPv4 Address”.
Find the IP address for window XP, without the command prompt
- Go to the start menu and right-click My Network Places, and then go to properties.
- View your IP address by double-clicking at “Local Area Connection” and then hit the option for Support tab.
- Go to details and a window will appear in front of you showing you the list of IP address. It is applicable only for wired connection.
- To see the IP address for a wireless connection, double click at Wireless Network Connection and go to SUPPORT tab.
- From there click the option for Details and the window that appear to you will be carrying your IP address.
Find the IP address for Mac OS X 10.5 and later devices:
- From the menu bar of the Apple menu, select the Location tab, and then go to network preferences.
- At the Network Preferences window, opt the option “Network Status” just beside the “Network Preferences”.
- The network status and the IP address will be displayed to you on your screen.
Find the IP address without using the command prompt for Window Vista
- If you are having a wired connection, then you can see your IP address by tapping twice on View Status to the right of Local Area Connection, then hit the tab Details.
- Your IP address will be given next to the “IPv4 IP Address”.
- Having a wireless connection of a wireless adapter, click to VIEW STATUS to the right of Wireless Connection and hit to the tab of DETAILS.
- Your IP address will be given just next to “IPv4 IP Address”.